Aug 20, 2022

Isa Dawah's Childish Behavior + Formal Debate Challenge

 

There has been a tiny bit of controversy within the Muslim-Christian debate world online as of yesterday involving me and Isa Dawah, a Muslim apologist who is apart of the EADawah team (not to be confused with EFDawah). 

Basically, he and Khalil (who is much more respectful and learned than Isa Dawah, as was evident) invite Christians, atheists, and non-Muslims in general onto a livestream on Streamyard to debate theology and philosophy and related topics.

Yesterday (August 19, 2022), I went on this livestream (I am using the usual username I used: "Soli Deo Gloria Apologetics", hence my blog title) and asked them about the Islamic traditions from scholars like Ibn Mujahid and Ibn Taymiyyah which say that Muhammad sits on the throne of Allah (I covered these more in-depth in this article), and how this is consistent with traditional Islamic monotheism. Isa Dawah proceeded to act in an infantile manner by interrupting me over and over and then basically threw Ibn Taymiyyah, one of his greatest theologians in the history of their religion, under the bus. Its a shame a Christian has to come on and teach him about what is own scholars have taught throughout history.  Over and over, I provided Isa Dawah with the exact reference from Ibn Taymiyyah's works, but Isa refused to address it, dodging the issue. 

In a livestream just a few hours later for the purpose of damage control, Isa Dawah admitted he did not know the answer to my argument (at the 3:21 mark in the video, and later at the 4:43 mark; At the 5:59 mark he says he "fell for my trap" and admitted he would reject Ibn Taymiyyah if he did indeed say this. At one point he said that the belief that Muhammad sits on Allah's throne is shirk).

Eventually, it became clear that Isa and I were not getting anywhere with this discussion (this was on the earlier livestream), and so we moved on to another topic, namely the atonement. Isa kept claiming that since the OT condemns child sacrifice, therefore the doctrine of the atonement is false. As I pointed out the blatant category error he was making, he continued to interrupt.

Then, he read Romans 1 and basically waffled around as to what exactly his argument was. I thought he was trying to make an argument from verse 25 ("...served the creature rather than the creator") that this refutes the deity of Christ and His worship by Christians, but he claimed I was "mispresenting" him. Then, he waffled again and couldn't figure out what he was arguing. And, around that time, he proceeded to kick me off the livestream. 


However, I do not wish to end Isa and I's interaction here. Hence, I am issuing a formal challenge to Isa Dawah of EADawah (and he is also active on TikTok) to debate "Does the Bible Teach that Jesus is God?".

I propose the following format:

25 min opening statement - Me (Affirmative)

25 min opening statement - Isa Dawah (Denial)

15 Min rebuttal - Me 

15 min rebuttal- Isa Dawah

30 min - Open Discussion

10 min closing statement - Isa Dawah

10 min closing statement - me







No comments:

Eutyches and the Double Consubstantiality of Christ

  During the Home Synod of Constantinople, Eutyches was summoned multiple times to appear before the assembly of bishops. On one such instan...